My Plan of Action for Selling Your Home
Each home that I sell will require a customized action plan, tailored to the home and it’s specific needs. Each home is unique, and each seller I work with unique.
Outlined below are some of the key components of my 83 point overall action plan that I use when selling a home! Having a plan keeps me organized, but also ensures that each of my clients get quality service and no steps are missed along the way.
Also, check out the 13 Reasons To Hire Karly Moore To Help You Sell Your Home.
- I will help you get your home ready to go up for sale before the For Sale sign goes in the lawn. My stager will offer suggestions for how to best showcase your home to potential buyers. This may mean “editing” your closets so they look more spacious, painting your purple kitchen walls (as much as I love purple) in a more neutral colour, freshening up your living room with a new light fixture and curtains, etc. We want to appeal to the largest pool of buyers possible. Our objective is to get buyers to be interested in your home as soon as they see the photos of it online. If they are intrigued by the photos, then they will come and see it in person. Often times a bit of light staging can go a long way. And don’t worry, I will be there to help you through the entire process.
- Once your home looks its best, I will call in my professional photographer to take photos of each room of your house, the front yard, backyard, and neighbourhood attractions. While I could take some decent photos of your home on my iPad, I prefer to spend some extra dinero to ensure a professional photographer gets stunning images. It’s my investment to help ensure you are getting the highest return on your investment. These photos will be used in the customized feature sheets that will be on display at your home for buyers to take home with them.
- I will verify the nitty gritty details that buyers will want to know about your home such as lot size, square footage, legal description, land use restrictions, zoning, property taxes, utility costs, and maintenance fees (if you’re selling a condo).
- I will have a floor plan drawn up for your home so that potential buyers can visualize the layout and determine if the configuration will work for them.
- If you have lived in your home for several years, I will suggest doing a home inspection before your home goes up for sale. Addressing any issues before the buyer does their own inspection helps prevent any unwanted surprises and can save you money in the long run.
- I will ask you for details on all the renovations and improvements you have done to your home so that I can highlight these to potential buyers.
- We will discuss an appropriate asking price for your home and different pricing strategies that you can utilize. It can be a bit of a science and deserves to be treated as such.
- Nothing irritates me more than seeing homes go on the market with no photos. So when I publish your home on Realtor.ca it will have a full description, measurements, and photos from the get go.
- I will ensure your home is exposed to real estate agents by publishing your listing on all the appropriate real estate boards. I am a member of the Toronto Real Estate Board (which encompasses Mississauga) and the Oakville Milton Real Estate Board. It may not sound like much, but recent changes to the way real estate boards share listing information now makes this point incredibly important – read my post about Why Buyers Might Not Know Your House Is For Sale for more info.
- I will utilize social media and online advertising to get your home more exposure to potential home buyers in our increasingly tech savvy world. I can use Facebook and Google ads to advertise your home to a specific geographic area or age range.
- I create a custom URL which will be displayed on the For Sale sign on your front yard. When potential buyers visit 481SpringbankDr.com (for example), they will be taken directly to the webpage designed specifically to showcase your home. On this webpage potential buyers will be able to quickly see the photos of your home, the floor plan, the virtual tour, description of your home, and be able to book an appointment with me if they would like to see your home.
- In addition to the custom URL sign, your For Sale sign will also have a flyer box on it where I will keep colour flyers which give some information about your home and direct people to visit your custom URL for more information. Someone visiting your neighbour down the street might drive by and decide they may want to live in the area too. In my opinion, having a flyer there for them to grab can’t hurt.
- I will host an agent open house and open houses for the public. I feel it’s important to host your open houses myself, instead of having someone else from my office do it. I know your house better than any other agent, so I want to be able to point out all the great qualities and answer any questions that open house visitors might have.
- I will network with other agents who are active in your neighbourhood, have recently sold a home in the area, or currently have a home up for sale in the neighbourhood. I will also promote your home to all of the agents in my brokerage and encourage them to show your home to any buyers they have who might be a good fit.
- After an agent shows your home, I will follow up for feedback on what their clients thought of your home. I will share any feedback I get with you and we can implement any suggestions we receive.
- When we receive an offer, I will help you negotiate the offer and represent your interests throughout the process. If you require a December 22nd closing date, I will do my absolute best to convince the buyers to accommodate this even if it means they have to spend Christmas surrounded by boxes waiting to be unpacked.
- I will facilitate a smooth close to the sale of your home by staying in constant communication with the co-operating agent, your lawyer, your mortgage provider, and keeping you up to date along the way.
For some random facts about me and a bit about the personal side of my life, check out my About Karly page. If you would like to chat further about how I can assist you with selling your home I would be happy to meet you at a local coffee shop or at your home, whichever you prefer. Drop me an e-mail anytime or pop your contact info in the form below. I look forward to chatting with you!