The last weekend of summer break is here and this means that for most families, real estate is far from top of mind while they scramble to get their kids ready for back to school. And this is reflected in the quantity and quality of new homes to hit the Toronto and Mississauga market this week.
So many of the homes I looked at had either no pictures at all, only a picture of the outside of the house, or were vacant with no staging. Why oh why do agents and sellers do this? When I'm picking homes for my weekly Crush List, I breeze past these listings because I can hardly consider them eye candy worth sharing with you guys.
Anyways, it's a small list this week. But I suspect with the Fall real estate market just around the corner we'll start to see an upswing in the quality and quantity of listed homes very soon. Fingers crossed anyways,
13 Toronto homes and 10 Mississauga homes made my crush list this week. My favourite this week is a church loft on Annette St which is in one of my favourite neighbourhoods, The Junction. See the photos and find out why this property is my fav below.
Each week I publish my list of Toronto and Mississauga homes that came on the market over the past seven days that I'm crushing on. If one of the homes catches your eye, let me know and I can get you more details. Enjoy scoping out these dreamy homes.
My Toronto House Crush Highlights
- The church converted to lofts on Annette St - Victoria Lofts - is my favourite this week (although I really wish the photos did the property more justice). It's a ground floor unit so you walk out to your own patio. Also, the location is great! You're a short walk to Dundas and Keele - the heart of The Junction where you can find all the craft beer, fresh brewed coffee and delicious independent restaurants your heart could desire, and the Junction Flea!
- The 1 bedroom loft at Queen St E and Berkeley is great - I love the open concept, the exposed brick, and the fact that it has two Juliette balconies to help with lots of air flow and natural light. This building is a co-op with only four units. I don't think I've featured a co-op before so two important things to note about this property. Most co-ops require a larger downpayment, and this listing does mention that a minimum of 25% is needed for a down payment. Also, co-ops usually include the property tax in the monthly maintenance fees.
- Check out the huge skylight in the master bedroom in the Mimico home on Lakeshore. Imagine waking up to that every morning. Good if you're an early riser.
- A couple dreamy Rosedale homes on Chestnut Park Rd and Crescent Rd if $3-3.5M is your comfort zone.
- Check out the complete list of my Toronto House Crushes for this week. (Link will be active for 2 weeks.)
My Mississauga House Crush Highlights
- The townhome on Branigan Gate in Levi Creek looks great - large kitchen with newish stainless steel appliances, hardwood throughout the main floor, and a finished basement with a walkout to the backyard. This home has also taken care of upgrading some of the un-sexy stuff too. It has a newer A/C and roof.
- I love the curb appeal of the home on Jefton Crt in Erin Mills. I love that the home is set back from the road quite a bit, and the front and back yard are so lush. Look at those huge trees!
- The home on Truscott in Clarkson deserves a shout out for the size of their laundry room.
- Check out the complete list of my Mississauga House Crushes for this week. (Link will be active for 2 weeks.)
Want more info on one of these homes, or to arrange a showing? Drop me an e-mail - I'd be happy to help.
Please note: I do not represent the sellers of these properties, unless specifically indicated. I like looking at nice houses and think most people do too. By sharing my thoughts and collection of favourite houses here is not meant to imply I am representing the seller of these properties in any way. I can however assist you if you have questions about one these properties or would like to see a home. Have questions? Feel free to contact me anytime.