Hi! Nice to "meet" you! I'm a real estate agent helping home buyers and sellers in the West Toronto, Mississauga, Milton, and Oakville area. I've been told I'm a little different than your average real estate agent. Read on to find out why.
How I Run My Business
- I like doing things properly and exceeding what was expected. If I am attaching my name to something, I want to be proud of it. Some call it being a control freak, but I like to call it being "detail oriented."
- I believe in providing information that people find interesting and valuable, and is customized to them. None of those templated generic newsletters or flyers from this girl.
- Keeping my integrity and developing the trust of others is key to how I run my business. I plan to be in this business a long time, and hope to look back on my years in the real estate industry with clients who have become friends and my positive reputation in tact.
- I don't market to people in ways I wouldn't want to be marketed to. The day I cold call you will be the day pigs fly.
- Staying up to date on real estate news, trends and market stats is a critical part of my business as it helps me to better educate and position my clients.
- I listen to what you say and remember it. I will remember your dog's name, the vacation you planned for next year, and the must-have feature of your new home.
- If we work together, you'll hear from me more than you may expect. I believe communication is key in real estate and is often underrated. I communicate in your preferred style - if Facebook messaging is your thing then Facebook messaging it is. If you prefer face-to-face chats, I'll be there with bells on.
Who I Am
- I'm Karly with a K - not Carly, Carley, Carleigh but I won't hold it against you if you spell it wrong (I know, my Mom made things complicated for everyone, but it's good to be different, right?) .
- I love big cities - the more hustle and bustle the better, as long as there is a park nearby to escape for some peace and quiet.
- Family and friends are the heart of my life - I am married to my best friend and the guy who always knows how to make me laugh - together we have a fur child, our kitten Lola. I'm a proud big sister of three of the best sisters ever (yes, my Dad had four daughters - the poor guy!) I have the most supportive parents and in-laws. I'm pretty lucky!
- I love chocolate, Christmas, exploring the streets of Toronto aimlessly, firm handshakes and hugs, animals, Italian food, baking (usually involves chocolate), documentaries (The Cove, No Impact Man, Marley, and Craigslist Joe are some of my faves) .
- I love homes with character and a history, and frequently develop house crushes which I document over at Karly's House Crushes .
- I graduated from University of Western Ontario, lived in Saugeen Residence and survived to tell the stories.
- Meaningful connections are important to me. I try to communicate to people that I am interested in knowing them better, because I am! Too often we are content with just surface level small talk and that bugs me.
Are We A Good Match?
- I like getting to know my clients well - what you like, don't like, what makes you tick. Yes, it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling, but it also helps be understand your real estate needs and wants much better.
- I have my client's best interest at heart, always. My conscience wouldn't have it any other way.
- I stay in communication with my clients. I won't be the real estate agent who goes MIA.
- I respect my client's time, and make efficient use of their time when I am with them.
- Developing and maintaining my client's trust is very important to me. In my opinion, if I don't earn your trust, I have failed at my job.
- I like to add unexpected personal touches to how I run my business - whether it's sending you a birthday card, baking a cake to celebrate your closing day, or sending you a link to a video I think you might find funny. As cheesy as it sounds, I care about my clients and like to make sure that is communicated in how I operate my business.
- I explain things in every day language and in detail. I don't make a habit of using real estate jargon. I know not everyone speaks "real estate" every day like I do.
- I don't do pushy and I don't do cheesy. Period.
- Want to hear what it's like working with me from my client's point of view? Check out my Client Reviews - the people are real and so are the testimonials. I didn't have my Mom write them for me, promise.
If you read through all of that, you deserve a drink!
I would be happy to meet you at your local coffee shop and we can chat about any questions you have about buying a home, selling your home, or real estate in general. Feel free to drop me an e-mail or simply put your contact info in the form below and I'll be in touch shortly.